Strategic Management for Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers: Positive Change for Sustained Excellence

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More about finding and keeping great employees.

People do things for their own reason. I never run out of opportunities to remind myself and others that this is true. Frustrated business owners tell me, "My staff just doesn't care."  The unstated part of that is "...about my business the way I care about my business."  Well, of course not. But there are things they care about. Plugging into those things is how you keep people engaged. I'm not talking about personal things. Most employees don't expect the boss to try to solve their personal problems. I am talking about the kind of things that make work feel like accomplishment. From BNET, here's a neat little story that makes a BIG point about what motivates people. 

No comments: